Adaptive Management: Putting it all Together
How to be adaptive as a team and execute for ongoing success!
Adaptive Project Management TechniquesWith many organisations adopting hi-tech company techniques, it pays to do the same. But how so?
Applying an agile mindset to your work
- Break work down into manageable chunks with short term deliverables and rapid cycle learning.
- Think like Adaptive Project Managers. Think about what success looks like (the result), how can you measure that? The clearer the measurable, the clearer the deliverables.
- Break work into specific milestones and deliverables, i.e. agile and scrum frameworks.
- Communicate new information and update your projects, this includes future goals and metrics. If they change, update it.
- Allow your team to focus on the details. Remind ultimate goals of initiatives and focus on outcomes, results and not the process.
Adaptive leadership is good!
Imagine a world without managers!
In today’s business world, we do not have managers they are a tax on innovation. Instead, we have leaders.
|Photo by Austin Distel on Unsplash|
- Ask your team to self organise.
- Rethink organisation communication process.
- Involve teams in setting priorities. Ask how might they might implement it?
Few people thrive as traditional managers, be an adaptive leader instead.
If you like this content, please subscribe above for regular notifications to this blog.
Until next time, keep it agile!