Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP).
During this two-day SAFe for Teams course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP. You will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, you’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
[rara_toggle title=”Audience” status=”close”] The following individuals will benefit from this course:
• Team members who apply Lean and Agile at scale
• All members of an Agile Release Train preparing for the launch
[rara_toggle title=”Learning Goals” status=”close”]
• Apply SAFe for Teams to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
• Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
• Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
• Plan iterations
• Execute iterations and demonstrate the value
• Plan Program Increments
• Integrate and work with other teams on the train
[rara_toggle title=”Topics Covered” status=”close”] Each course day starts around 9:00 and ends at 17:00 hours, including lunch and intermission.
• Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Building an Agile Team
• Planning the Iteration
• Executing the Iteration
• Executing the Program Increment
[rara_toggle title=”Prerequisites” status=”close”]All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam:
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
• Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
[rara_toggle title=”What Attendees Get” status=”close”]The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbook
• Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP) exam
• One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate of completion
• Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
[rara_toggle title=”Exam Details” status=”close”]
• Examiner :
• Exam name: SAFe 4 Practitioner Exam
• Exam format: Multiple choices, Multiple Select
• Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
• Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course
• Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
• Number of questions: 45
• Passing score: 35 out of 45 (78% passing score)
• Language: English
• Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
• Retake policy: Second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.[/rara_toggle]
[rara_toggle title=”SAFe Certification Kit” status=”close”]Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
• SAFe Practitioner certificate.
• A SAFe 4 Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online.
• A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice.
• A SAFe Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks.
• Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
[rara_toggle title=”Annual Renewal” status=”close”] Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
• Renewal fee: $100
[rara_toggle title=”Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)” status=”close”]
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.